Friday, April 4, 2014

Making Lists

It’s been …
7 weeks
50 days
1200 hours
72,000 minutes
4,320,000 seconds
… since I had a job.

I’ve cleaned and de-cluttered the house, Craigslisted the clutter, painted the girl-child’s room, walked the dog, applied for hundreds of jobs, had dozens of interviews, and watched a crap load of movies on Netflix, and pinned hundreds of pins on Pinterest.

I’m starting to get antsy. I LOVE not working, however, I do miss the paycheck (and shopping) and having a purpose (although sleeping in till noon is rather nice), though I still have so much to do.

My List:
-          Spend more time with my step-brats (as I affectionately call them)
-          Lose 50 lbs
-          Use the crock pot at least once a week
-          Babysit for at least 1 friend each week 
-          Paint feature wall in Kitchen
-          Hang pictures on feature wall in Kitchen
-          Paint Feature wall in Living Room
-          Get new curtains for Living Room
-          Paint Master Bathroom
-          Re-organize garage. Again.
-          Get to know my neighbors
-          Gardening – get more rocks for the rose garden and dig out rocks out of South garden to make room for plants/flowers, and clean off patio so I can bring up new patio furniture.

And on, and on, and on… 


With my luck (and I cross my fingers, knock on wood, and say a few prayers that this is true!!!) I’ll have a job by next week and won’t be able to cross anything else off my list.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your list - and your job! If you're bored I can give you some great books to read! (I noticed that didn't make your list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, you are entirely correct my dear sister. I should have added:
      - Read the entire Divergent series
      - Visit my sister in Kamloops
      - Watch The Bible on DVD that the sister lent to me months ago
      - Have a girls night with wine & Rags to Riches
      - Buy a new fish for the fish tank

      and so much more. Yeah. Lots to do!

      Delete