Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What do you want to be when you grow up?


When I was a kid, any time I was asked that question I picked something different – teacher, nurse, actor, singer, veterinarian, mother - all seemed entirely plausible at the time. I was footloose and fancy free, and had absolutely no idea of what I actually wanted to be when I grew up. I thought eventually it would come to me. A light bulb over my head moment. But it never did.



I struggled in university, flunking out of my Education courses (I wanted to be a teacher, right?) and barely passing my Communications courses (Marketing sounds cool, right?), so I took some time off. I started working at a bank and my career snowballed from there, dabbling in customer service, fraud investigations, compliance, and eventually demoting myself to executive assistant.



Now, here I am at 35 years old, and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up. 


I hope I figure it out soon, because I will be out of a job in another 2 weeks. *shrugs shoulders* 

No comments:

Post a Comment