Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Parental Guidance

My mother always said, “Love ends when you have to pick his dirty underwear up off the floor!” I would laugh or roll my eyes, depending on how old I was at the time - we all remember those teenage years when your mother could do nothing right, right? - but something about that statement always fascinated me.  Was it sarcasm? Was it underlying resentment masked in a joke? Was it true?!


Well, I’ve been married for a whole 2 months now, and I have picked up more than a few dirty underwear off the floor, and I giggle to myself every time (after rolling my eyes and holding my breath, of course). For me, the love hasn’t ended. Besides, if I can pick up my dog’s poop off the living room floor (he has anxiety issues) and still love him and his stinky dog breath, then I should be able to love my husband even though he leaves his dirty underwear on the floor. Right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment